"If I feel like it, I can do anything!
Tsubame Matsunaga (松永 燕)
|Blood type: O|
|Birthdate: Frebruary 27|
Tsubame Matsunaga (松永燕)is a fictional character in Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinsai! S she is a transfer student in Kawakami Academy and a new member of the Big Four.
Tsubame was scouted by Koi Kiriyama, a butler of the Kuki group who was looking for strong martial artists.
Tsubame agreed to transfer to Kawakami Academy on the promise from her father that she would face strong opponents there.Tsubame loves to eat natto to the point where it becomes an obsession as she advertised the natto she loves to eat as well as singing the natto song. Her nickname when she sells and advertises her natto is the Natto Komachi.
She is introduced as the new member of The Big Four or 4 Devas after defeating Otome Kan (Kurogane in the manga)of the East, earning her the title of Tsubame of the East.
Tsubame can fight with or without a weapon as she has studied many differrent combat styles.
Tsubame is one of the two new female heroines, as well as one of the new five female characters introduced in the new sequel of Majikoi, Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinsai! S. It has also been confirmed by Minatosoft that she will have an After route in the next installment of the series, Majikoi A.
Tsubame has pink eyes and waist-long black hair with as well as being very athletic with white skin.
Tsubame is a cheerful girl who is a little bit of tsundere. Tsubame shares Momoyo's love for battle and because of this has become good friends with her.
However, it is revealed in her route that beneath her cheerfulness, she has a dark side. She can be a cold, ruthless and manipulative person who won't hesitate to use and get close to others in order to accomplish her goals, whether it be with her business or in a fight. She did this in her route with Yamato in order to gain the information she needed to defeat Momoyo with her ultimate weapon, Hiragumo. However, despite admitting that she used both of them in order to win, she truly became close to the both of them and eventually regretted what she had done. Despite this, Momoyo has called her a 'carnivore with all that cuteness' and Yamato has said that she is even worse than Momoyo when it comes to her selfishness and confidence.
She has also shown to be very intelligent and cunning, using plans and strategies at a level that rivals both Yamato and Touma Aoi. Nabeshima, the principal who runs the Tenjin school of the Ten Warriors, has stated that she is a master of the art of tactics and has never lost a battle. Tsubame has stated that she has never fought a battle that she didn't think she could win.
THE BIG FOUREdit
Tsubame is introduced as the newest member of The Big Four, as well as the third strongest member of the group.
She defeated Otome Kan (Kurogane in the manga) of the East, winning the title of Matsunaga Tsubame of the East. In her route, she became official after winning the Tag Tournament with Yamato and defeating Momoyo in battle.
Due to the fact that she defeated the former third strongest memeber of the Big Four, she became the third strongest without having to have an official match with Yukie Mayuzumi to determine the stronger of the two. However, in her route where Yamato takes the lead in the relationship, she was defeated by Ageha Kuki when she tried to steal secrets from the Kuki company. Nevertheless, it should be noted that in her route and Koyuki's route, with proper tactics and Hiragumo, she has proven capable of beating Momoyo and Seiso Hazakura despite both of them being stronger than her.
- In a recent populaity poll on Minatosoft's website, of the current female characters in the series, Tsubame was ranked #1.
- She loves Natto.
- Tsubame may possibly be a descendant of Matsunaga Hisahide, a daimyo of Japan during the Sengoku Period of the 16th century. This is due to several similarities such as Hisahide's conquest of the Yamato province in the 1560's (Which may symbolize Tsubame taking the lead in her relationship with Yamato, which is an option in her route.), her ultimate weapon Hiragumo (Which was a priceless tea kettle owned by Nobunaga Oda that was destroyed by Hisahide before he died.), her family originally living in Kyoto (Which is where Hisahide surrendered to Nobunaga), her nearly commiting suicide when she was defeated and caught by the Kukis in her route (Which Hisahide did when he was defeated by Nobunaga in 1577.), her cunning and scheming nature (Which is how Hisahide is depicted in fictional stories.) and her love of art (Which Hisahide was considered a patron of fine arts.). Tsubame has even stated that her ancestors were involved in the Sengoku period.
- She specializes in many weapons in combat such as bows, swords, machines, spears and even her bare fists. It has even been stated that she can use a switch-axe as a weapon. This may be a reference to a weapon used in the role playing game Monster Hunter.
- Hiragumo's ability to seal instant-healing during her own route is a copy of a technique that Hume can use to seal instant healing techniques.
- Her tarrot card arcana is the devil, which was a forshadowing of how she really is.